Galway City Council have confirmed that a number of sports facilities across Galway City have been closed until further notice Monday, 23rd March.
They include pitches and courts in Corrib, Westside Amenity, Roscam and Doughiska Parks.
Allotments at Merlin and Westside, beaches, cemeteries, playgrounds, public parks and woodlands are all operating as normal.
However, it is strongly advised to adhere to social distancing guidelines in these areas.
It is also strongly advised that children do not use shared playground equipment.
The following facilities are currently closed:
- MUGA Multi-Use Games Area Corrib Park
- All Weather Pitch at Corrib Park
- 2 x MUGA Multi-Use Games Area located behind Glen Oaks Hotel, Rahoon Rd.
- All Weather Pitch Cappagh Park
- 4 x Tennis Courts located at Westside Amenity Park
- 2 x Basketball Courts at Westside Amenity Park
- Skate Park at Millenium Park
- All Weather Pitch Bohermore Park
- 2 x Tennis Courts at McGraths Field
- 2 x Tennis Courts at Crestwood Park
- 2 x Tennis Courts at Roscam Park
- Basketball Courts at Roscam Park
- Skate Park at Doughiska Park
- Astroturf Pitch at Doughiska Park
- Tennis Court at Doughiska Park
- Basketball Court at Doughiska Park
- All City Council facilities under licence arrangements
- The Main GAA & Juvenile GAA pitches at Cappagh Park grounds have just been re-sodded. The all-weather pitch is also closed. Please stay off these pitches.
- All Weather Sports Facilities
- Boxing Club at Westside
- Community Centres at Cappagh, Renmore and Westside
- Dressing Rooms at Westside, South Park, Crestwood, Ballybane, Cappagh and the Plots Woodquay,
- Snooker Hall, South Park