Claims Advisor – Claims Customer Experience Team
Aviva Ireland now have a number of permanent roles in our Customer Claims Experience team (Motor and Property Claims) in Galway. These exciting and varied roles with the Claims Team are integral to our strong customer focus – from notification of a new claim through to settlement. Our aim is to proudly settle claims fairly, first time.
These positions are a brilliant gateway for those wanting to understanding Aviva’s wider business. Whether you are looking to start a great career with Aviva or looking to progress your career within the Insurance Industry we would love to hear from you.
Insurance experience is welcome but not an essential – we’ll help you sit your exams to become fully qualified. You’ll have strong communication skills (written and verbal), possibly with customer service experience in a corporate or hospitality environment. You’ll also have strong academics, and you’ll enjoy helping people.
We would also love to talk with people who have Claims handling experience – Both Motor and Property, Remuneration will be commensurate with experience,
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Minimum 25 Days holidays and flexibility to buy/sell up to five days, outside of bank holidays.
- Sociable working hours, No bank holiday/ Weekend work
- Fully paid paternity and maternity leave. We also offer family leave.
- Generous Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Annual Performance related Bonus and Pay review
- Education support for professional qualifications and support your development to achieve your career goals.
- Discounted rates (with friends and family offers too) on our products plus national and local offers from various retailers.
- Other Excellent flexible benefits to include:
- Global Matching Share plan
- Save As you Earn scheme
- Wellbeing programs
- Health Insurance Subsidy
- Access to Best Doctors and Aviva family Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- DeCare Dental
- Eyesight Testing
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Holiday Fund
- Sports & Social Society
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Managing our customers claims journey from notification of a claim explaining policy covers and guiding them to a fair settlement
- Identify failure points within the system, and bringing these to the attention of management and peers to work towards resolutions
- Handling customers claims (Motor/Property) and seeking solutions with customers
- Understanding feedback and what is important to our customers
- Balancing the customers’ needs against our Policy and Liability limitations
- Building positive relationships with colleagues and external partners, in a professional and approachable manner
- Having confidence to seek guidance and then make decisions which are right first time
- Sharing learnings and feedback with colleagues and partners as part of an evolving team
Skills & experiences
We are proud of this team. We strive to hire talented, motivated people and then give them the autonomy to innovate. We like people with a positive attitude, and we want those who are inquisitive, hungry, and eager to grow with us. The skills and experiences we look for are:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Track record of taking ownership & accountability
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- A background of positive relationship building skills and confident negotiation abilities
- Ability to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Willingness to progress with relevant industry exams to meet Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code (supported by Aviva throughout)
Fitness and Probity
This is a Regulated Role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
Or email [email protected]