Twice each month on Galway Talks Keith Finnegan will put our listeners questions about mortgage arrears to Abhaile expert Brian MacGabhann. Tune in this week Wednesday at 10:30am.
If you have been through the Abhaile scheme and would like to share your story, or you’re looking for advice, email [email protected]
What is Abhaile?
Abhaile – Free Mortgage Arrears Support, offers borrowers who are at risk of losing their homes the opportunity to deal with their mortgage arrears through the help of a comprehensive range of expert supports. MABS acts as the gateway to providing this service and is the first port of call for the debtor in mortgage arrears.
The aim of the scheme is to help mortgage holders in arrears to find the best solutions and keep them wherever possible, in their own homes.
Wednesday 4th Sept
Keith Finnegan spoke with Brian MacGahann from MABS about the legal and statutory rights available to borrowers in arrears, and/or facing legal action? Wednesday 4th September
Wednesday 17th July
Keith Finnegan spoke to Jeanne Stapleton from PIAM about mortgage banks selling loans to vulture funds and insurance policies associated with mortgages.
Wednesday 3rd July
Keith Finnegan spoke to Brian MacGabhann about what happens when you lose your job and if you are living abroad can you still pay your debts?
Thursday 20th June
Keith Finnegan spoke to Jeanne Stapleton from PIAM about PIPs and their services.
Wednesday 5th June
Keith Finnegan spoke to Brian MacGabhann about the importance of communication between you and the creditor.
Wednesday 22nd May
Keith Finnegan spoke to Tara Cheevers about insolvency – what that means, how and why do people become insolvent?
Wednesday 8th May
Keith Finnegan spoke to Brian MacGabhann about how the Abhaile service works and the steps to take.
Wednesday 24th April
Keith Finnegan spoke to Brian MacGabhann – ‘every financial problem has a financial solution’.
Contact MABS (0761 07 2000, Monday-Friday 9am – 8pm) or your local MABS office
- What is Abhaile?
- What is the cost of receiving advice under the scheme to the person in mortgage arrears?
- How does the service work / what is different about it?
- What experts are available and how are they assigned?
- What is the first step for a person to find support?
- How does an applicant qualify for the Scheme?
- What comes next after a person qualifies?
- Who is providing these experts?
- Who are the MABS advisers?
- How can these allocated experts help a borrower?
- What type of advice is offered?
- How long will the vouchers last?
- How to apply for the Scheme?
- What is the CCMA?