Twice each month on Galway Talks Keith Finnegan will put our listeners questions about mortgage arrears to Abhaile expert Brian MacGabhann. Tune in this week Wednesday at 10:30am.
If you have been through the Abhaile scheme and would like to share your story, or you’re looking for advice, email [email protected]
What is Abhaile?
Abhaile – Free Mortgage Arrears Support, offers borrowers who are at risk of losing their homes the opportunity to deal with their mortgage arrears through the help of a comprehensive range of expert supports. MABS acts as the gateway to providing this service and is the first port of call for the debtor in mortgage arrears.
The aim of the scheme is to help mortgage holders in arrears to find the best solutions and keep them wherever possible, in their own homes.
May 8th – Keith Finnegan talks to Brian MacGabhann from Abhaile
May 23rd Keith Finnegan talks with Tara Cheevers, PIP with Mabs
Contact MABS (0761 07 2000, Monday-Friday 9am – 8pm) or your local MABS office
- What is Abhaile?
- What is the cost of receiving advice under the scheme to the person in mortgage arrears?
- How does the service work / what is different about it?
- What experts are available and how are they assigned?
- What is the first step for a person to find support?
- How does an applicant qualify for the Scheme?
- What comes next after a person qualifies?
- Who is providing these experts?
- Who are the MABS advisers?
- How can these allocated experts help a borrower?
- What type of advice is offered?
- How long will the vouchers last?
- How to apply for the Scheme?
- What is the CCMA?