Last week on FYI our colleague Dylan Connolly spoke about a brand new initiative #IrishMusicMonth launched earlier last week by Hot Press Magazine, IMRO Ireland, RAAP – Recorded Artists Actors Performers, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI), XL Ireland.
Send your demos to [email protected] to apply!
We Love Irish Music and as part of Irish Music Month on Galway Bay FM we want you to take part in our Galway Local Hero Talent search. Irish Music Month is promoting Irish Artists from every genre and from every county in Ireland – don’t miss your chance, enter now!
If you’re in a band, or a solo artist, your music could be featured live on Galway Bay FM during the month of October.
We are searching for five finalist from Galway each of whom will receive a fund of €700.
One overall Galway entrant will go forward to compete in the National Irish Music talent search and could win the overall prize fund of €5000 plus the chance to have have your record released and your original music played on 25 independent radio station across the country.
Get your entry in now by emailing [email protected] with the following details:
- A bit about you – Who you are (artist /group name and members)
- How long you’ve been making music
- 1 or 2 MP3 songs
- Social media links.
Last day for entries – 6pm Monday Oct 4th September 2021
- Artists can be from any genre of music
- Artists can be well established or emerging on the music scene
- Artists/Bands can come from anywhere in the county within the Galway Bay Fm’s franchise area.
- No limit on the number of members of band/ number of artists in band
- Artists must perform at least one original song/track ‘live’ as part of Galway Bay Fm’s on air programming, and if successful, be available to perform at a National event.
- Judge’s decision is final, NO canvassing allowed
This is a major new initiative to promote Irish artists and bands, funded under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme and supported by XL Retail group will see significantly increased radio play across 25 independent radio stations – and €100k being paid directly to Irish artists.
President Michael D. Higgins has also been voicing his support for Irish Music Month.
Proudly Supported by IBI, Hot Press and the BAI Sound & Vision fund.