2 July 2024

~1 minutes read

Construction expected to begin on Dyke Road housing development in 2026

Share story:
Construction expected to begin on Dyke Road housing development in 2026

Construction of over 200 apartments on a site at Dyke Road is expected to begin in 2026.

Planning permission for phase one of the major development, which will also include communal open spaces and a creche, is to be submitted later this year.

The new detailed plan has been published following public engagement, and a second consultation phase is now beginning.

It’s envisaged that 90% of the 219 apartments will be cost rental, while the remaining 10 percent will be offered as social homes by Galway City Council.

The plans also include new cycleways and walkways, green spaces and improved transport connections to surrounding amenities.

The draft Site Development Framework can be accessed on the Corrib Causeway website, while information meetings and workshops will be held online for members of the public.

Once the consultation process has concluded, a planning application will be submitted, with construction on site expected by 2026.

Share story:

Galway International Arts Festival kicks off in city

The 2024 Galway International Arts Festival has officially kicked off in the city. The festival runs over the next two weeks, with a packed programme of a...

Major trauma cases at UHG double over past 10 years

New research shows that major trauma cases at University Hospital Galway have doubled over the past decade. A study carried out by local doctors also reve...

Criminal barristers protest in city over Government failure to reverse austerity cuts

Criminal barristers have taken to the steps of Galway Courthouse in the city today – to hold a protest demanding the reversal of fee cuts introduced...

Lucky escape for three people rescued from dinghy taking on water off Inis Mór

Three people are recovering today after being rescued from a dinghy taking on water off Inis Mór The Aran Islands lifeboat came to the aid of the three p...