Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 7 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
Of the deaths reported today 2 occurred in April, 2 occurred in March and 3 occurred in February.
The median age of those who died was 78 years and the age range was 62 – 89 years.
There has been a total of 4,737* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Wednesday 7th April, the HPSC has been notified of 400 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There is now a total of 239,723** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 205 are men / 193 are women
- 72% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 162 in Dublin, 61 in Kildare, 26 in Cork, 21 in Galway, 17 in Donegal and the remaining 113 cases are spread across 18 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 226 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 55 are in ICU. 11 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 5th 2021, 940,883 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 667,182 people have received their first dose
- 273,701 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
* Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 2 deaths. The figure of 4,737 deaths reflects this.
** Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 2 confirmed cases. The figure of 239,723 confirmed cases reflects this.
*** County data should be considered provisional as the national Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting System (CIDR) is a dynamic system and case details are continually being validated and updated.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 7th April 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today’s cases*** (to midnight 7Apr2021)||5-Day Moving Average of New Cases||14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population (to 7Apr 2021)||New Cases during last 14 days (to 7Apr 2021)|
~The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers.
- the 7-day incidence rate is 65.9
- the 5-day moving average is 408