Galway Bay fm newsroom – The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 3 people with COVID-19 have died.
There has now been a total of 1,792 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Thursday 17 September, the HPSC has been notified of 253 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 32,271* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 143 are men / 108 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- 45% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 61 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 116 in Dublin, 22 in Kildare, 14 in Cork, 14 in Galway, 13 in Donegal, 10 in Limerick, 10 in Louth, 9 in Mayo, 8 in Waterford, 7 in Wicklow and the remaining 30 cases are located in Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Tipperary, Westmeath.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.