Complaining to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
Members of the public may complain to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) if they are not satisfied with the response Galway Bay FM has made to their complaint.
The BAI will consider the complaint and may carry out an independent review of the complaint and the response the complainant has received.
Information on how to refer a complaint to the BAI is available on the BAI website at www.bai.ie or from the following address.
Broadcasting Authority of Ireland,
2-5 Warrington Place,
Telephone: (01) 644 1200
To view this information as Gaeilge please click here.
Making and/or referring a complaint
Any viewer or listener should refer a complaint directly to the relevant broadcaster, in the first instance, if they are not happy about broadcasting content on that service. Complaints may be made to broadcasters under any of the following categories:
- Anything which may reasonably be regarded as causing harm or offence, or anything being likely to promote, or incite to, crime, or as tending to undermine the authority of the State.
- Harmful or offensive material, in particular, programme material in respect of the portrayal of violence and sexual conduct shall be presented with due sensitivity to the convictions or feelings of the audience and with due regard to the impact of such programming on the physical, mental or moral development of children.
- Privacy of an individual;
- Code of Fairness, Impartiality and Objectivity in News and Current Affairs
- Code of Programme Standards
- Revised General Commercial Communications Code
- Revised Children’s Commercial Communications Code
- Rules on Advertising and Teleshopping (Daily and Hourly Limits)
How to make a complaint
All complaints made under any of the above categories must be made in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Code of Practice for Complaints Handling published on the website of the relevant broadcaster. Please read the Guide and download the Form.
Download the Guide for Complainants (pdf)
Download the Guide for Complainants (Word)